Jesus first called people to himself, it was only once they had gathered to him that he set them out on mission. (Matt 4v 19). We believe we are called to make Jesus known in every aspect of our church life, corporately and as individuals.
Our church gatherings should be accessible and welcoming and always point to the saving power of Jesus. We aim to be culturally relevant in express ing the biblical beliefs we hold. We believe in the infallible nature of the written word of God and that this should be central to our every meeting together.
We believe Jesus dwells with us by the Holy Spirit and expresses His presence through the many gifts described in the NT (Charismatic gifts). We believe that gathering to Jesus means gathering to the Holy Spirit. (John 14 v 15-18). In addition, we work in the local community to show God’s love through action.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. – John 3:16 (ESV)
As a loving community we call on the gifts of the spirit to release individuals into their full maturity in Christ.
Our small groups are a means of people to find love and support in a “home” context to explore their questions and delve deeper into God. We are passionate to reach the local community with the gospel of Jesus and long to see more people coming to know Christ as their savior. We believe that God’s family (the church) is meant to grow both numerically through people being saved and added to it as well as existing Christians finding a home. We believe in the gifts described in Ephesians 4, which are intended to help the church reach maturity in Christ. (Ephesians 4 v 1-16)
We will actively seek to train and release church members into their calling in God through the various activities of the church.
As a church we are called to “Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and the ends of the earth” and we work in Honiton, Devon, UK and the world” and regularly send teams to Zambia to support churches there. (Acts 1 v 8)
We believe the best way to reach the lost is by planting new and vibrant churches that demonstrate the gospel in communities, by people that have a heart for that area.
Go make disciples
We believe it is part of God’s call on every local church to embrace the Apostolic passion for ‘regions beyond’ (2 Corinthians 10 v16) and where possible, under the leading of the Holy Spirit, to engage in mission to the ends of the earth.
We recognise that to ‘GO’ can mean to go to your neighbours as much as to go to people on the other side of the world. We believe the church should encourage its members to engage in evangelistic activity in all the expanding spheres described in Acts 1 v 8.
We are passionate to reach the local community with the gospel of Jesus and long to see more people coming to know Christ as their savior. We believe that God’s family (the church) is meant to grow both numerically through people being saved and added to it as well as existing Christians finding a home.
We believe in the gifts described in Ephesians 4, which are intended to help the church reach maturity in Christ. (Ephesians 4 v 1-16). We will actively seek to train and release church members into their calling in God through the various activities of the church.
We believe in
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of Godin creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God—fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ—born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinnerssolely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christboth local and universal, the priesthood of all believers—given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of JesusChrist to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.
Taken from the Evangelical Alliance Basis of Faith
We run an Alpha course which explores the beliefs of Christ followers. If you are interested in looking deeper into what we believe click here.